A revolutionary new high performance T5 reptile lamp from Arcadia.
Offering a significant increase in both visible light and UV output compared with T8 lamps of similar length.
- For Desert Species
- 12% UVB for the synthesis of vitamin D3
- 30% UVA
- Produces excellent natural colours
- 100%+ more visible light than equivalent length D3+ T8 lamp (unreflected)
- 95% more UVB than equivalent length T8 lamp (un-reflected)
- The use of the correct reflector will make the high output T5 system even more effective
The Benefits of T5 Technology:
- Smaller diameter lamp, 16mm compared to 26mm
- Flicker free, all T5 lamps operate on efficient, high frequency ballasts
- High output T5 lamps are especially useful for captive reptiles. The extra power that these lamps provide will help a keeper to generate a good UV gradient and provide safe basking quantities of UV over a much wider and deeper area.
Length: 34 in. 850mm
Lamps can be fragile pieces of equipment. Please follow the following steps to ensure the safe fitting and use of fluorescent lamps.
At either end of a fluorescent lamp you will see two brass coloured connection pins. These are the electrodes that take energy from the controller to start and run the lamp. These are quite fragile by nature. It is imperative that both pins are safely located into the pin sockets inside the lamp holder before the lamp is pressed into place. Failure to line the pins up correctly will cause the pins to bend and snap and break through the lamp cap rendering the lamp unusable.
The Ultra-seal lamp ring must be unscrewed from the lamp holder and placed over the lamp prior to fitting and only re-seated onto the lamp holder when you are sure that the lamp pins are seated correctly. High Output T5 lamp leads must be fully unwound also or you may notice lamp flickering or beaks in illumination. You can also use a very small amount of a substance like Vaseline to lubricate the lamp ring and so stop it fusing to the lamp after long periods of heat. After cooling lamps can be wiped clean with a damp cloth once every two weeks or so to remove any dust build up from the lamp, this in turn will help to maintain the lamps full output. The all important reflector should also be wiped clean at the same time.
Beacuse of Royal Mail size restrictions you can not select "Special Delivery", "Tracked 24/48" or "Standard Delivery" as the shipping method for tubes over 30inches long, they must be sent by courier, if you live in the more remote parts of the UK or off-shore islands this will be very expensive.